The Grand Duchy

17 June 2009

School's Out for Summer

Oh man I have been meaning to write about the last day of school for so long.
Last Friday was a really beautiful day at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Academy. There was a really nice moment in the staff room during lunch where we all just kind of hanging out and enjoying one anothers company. One of the 5th grade teachers was telling me a story about one of her students that was telling her about his future plans of being a wedding planner. "Imagine white doves being let go, and fireworks. And I'm talking big fireworks." It was just so fun! This was all brought on by the class watching A Cinderella Story.
In the afternoon we put on our own little version of the play Cinderella. Everyone looked so amazing in their costumes. This group of kids I had worked with all year looking a little taller and little more grown up. It was a really special thing. I realized then just how much I would miss this group of Fourth graders, whom I had come to consider my own little brothers and sisters. It was a year of learning and I could tell that they were not ready to move on from our wonderful little Fourth grade class. Even my favorite little guy that had a tough year and had the mouth of a sailor became quiet at the end of the day and I could tell that he too was going feel a little sadness when the bell rang at 2:40. We had our rough patches. The fights, swearing, head lice, and other incidents, but we were all in it together. I will always think back fondly on the students I worked with this year. I hope that they will do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home