The Grand Duchy

07 April 2009

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

But as the laws of gravity state, what goes up, must come down.

On our drive home to Santa Rosa from Oakland on Sunday, Sam, Scotty, their friend Eric and I were in a three car accident on the ramp on I-580. Sam was driving my car and he did everything he could to avoid the accident. The car in front of us was changing lanes and decided to come back into our lane after fucking up which is what caused the accident. The front end of my car is once again completely smashed. It drove off of the interstate but it needs significant work. The airbags were deployed and fluid was dripping from the vehicle. No injuries. Just that California easy going attitue even in the face of a clusterfuck of a car accident. Well not all of us are sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows. Some of us are from the Midwest.

Here are the things weighing in on me in the aftermath. The last body shop had my car for almost a month. And it seems that there is more damage this time. I am currently staying at Sam and Scotty's for the week which is fine, but what happens when I have no way of getting home before next Tuesday. There is also the matter of insurance. Currently in their investigation our car is at fault. I am also on thin ice with the insurance since I caused an accident in September. The ice will then probably crack when I have to turn in the citation I received for not stopping at a stop sign on Friday. So I guess I will cross the I-may-no-longer-be-insured-with-Country-Insurance-anymore bridge when I arrive there.

So here we are. After such a victory this week I suffer a loss of epic proportions. I've mad a lot of mistakes, but what now?

2 Comments:

Blogger mirm said...

omg brian that really sucks. i'm sorry buddy.

April 7, 2009 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Married In Chicago said...

Well not all of us are sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows. Some of us are from the Midwest.

that is fucking awesome line . . .in a terribly upsetting post.

Im glad you are safe and sound! that is what matters!

April 7, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home