The Grand Duchy

20 April 2009

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

So I went back to Illinois for some fabulous fun. Spent my first night back in Illinois at Knox. Spent with friends at all favorite spots, like Duffy's, drinking Old Style and grilling on the TKE deck at 3 am. The usual.
Saturday I went to the wedding of two high school friends, Andy and Katie Madsen Dye. It was a great time! I really wish that I was back in the Midwest. California is just not as good to me.
On Sunday I was scheduled to leave from Peoria International Airport at 6:20 am. As I was getting ready to leave my parents at 3:30 am I listened to a voicemail from Adam Soto that I had received about two hours prior. As it turned out, our IDs got switched at Duffy's on Thursday. So instead of heading straight to Peoria my sister and I had to make the trek to Galesburg to get my ID. En route I got pulled over outside of Geneseo and without even giving it one thought one the officer asked for license and registration I gave him Adam's ID. I told the officer that we were on our way to the airport and had to stop in Galesburg. The officer said, "Well Mr. Soto the posted speed limit is 65 so keep it there." Thank God Adam and I have the same glasses and that I can pass for someone of Hispanic decent apparently.
So after all of this I ended missing my flight and got on the next available one which was this morning at 6:20 am. It was serendipity though because I got to seemy sister perform with her dance team which was neat.
I think I am headed into a long week. Or Spring. Or whatever. I guess being back in Illinois just gave me an insight into how much I do truly miss my friends and family. And how alone I am out here. I dunno. After being at school I tend to feel a little better so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. So here we go. Moving on.

1 Comments:

Blogger cosmopolite said...

i miss the midwest, too....not that i ever thought i would say that.

the only thing nice about coming back to nola was the weather.

my blood pressure increased as soon as i landed, i think. is this normal? why didn't they tell us this would be a side effect of americorps? there should be a warning label.

April 22, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home