The Grand Duchy

05 January 2009

Oprah's Favorite Things

So my last night in Chicago was to say the least interesting. After eating at The Counter wherein I ate quite a delicious burger made of my own design (burger, avocado, fried egg, grilled onions, and a caramelized onion sauce). YUM! Afterward we journeyed to the House of Hookah for some convo and hookah. At the end of the evening Hassan, Warren, Sarah, and Myself ventured to a party in Logan Square. The party was for Margaret Rogers bday. I mean I was not friends with any of the people at this party when we went to Knox. I felt super weird and very out of place. I dunno I felt like we all recognized one another and I did have a couple people come up and say, "Brian, right?" or "You went to Knox.." It was very strange and I spent the majority of the time with Sarah in the corner. Because really I did not know what to do with myself at a party with Brooks and Matt Holland. It was a trip for sure.

Oh my goodness what a trip I had back to Chicago. It was a really great time.
Some of my favorite things included:
1. Eating delicious food.
2. New Year's Eve
3. Spending the Holidays with the fam
4. Chicago
5. New Years Eve spent with friends and Justice.
6. New additions to the quote book.

So yeah. I cannot really express how great my break was. I really could not have come back to California and been happier than I have been in a very long time. I am really going to give it a go this year though. I need to e really happy in 2009. It just has to happen. Any suggestions on how to make this happen? I bought a bottle of wine and some sushi for the new episode of Gossip Girl tonight. I think that is a start.

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Brian. I did not get past the delicious burger part. That sounds like. The best. Burger. Ever.

January 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger The Grand Duchy said...

it was life changing. i may attempt to make it myself.

January 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home