The Grand Duchy

24 December 2008

It's A Wonderful Life

Oh man I feel like I have so much to catch up on. Well some highlights. I got sick last week, went to Princeton to my aunt's annual holiday party (which was not as fun as usual, i was not nearly drunk enough). The party was Friday, and then I went back to Chicago on Saturday with my cousin April and my sister. Satruday night was spent making merry at Stephanie O'Brien's apartment with Warren Wilke, Nishanth, Julie Bychowski, Omar, K Cole, and Rosemary. IT WAS A DELIGHT. On Sunday Stephanie and I braved the EXTREME cold and went downtown to Christkindlmarket. It was so fucking cold let me tell you. Oh my god it was too cold to even die in a fire. Oh my god but I did find my favorite candy that I fell in love with in Spain. I ate the box of them that night because I had such a stressful day of shopping and then trying to get my cousin's car out of the ice and snow to take Stephanie to Union Station. It was awful. But two very kind strangers stopped to help which was nice.
Monday I braved the cold to again do more Christmas shopping because of course I could not buy anything for my sister when she was with me. I went downtown with Warren and his sister to do some shopping on Michigan Ave. That was nice and I got to eat some DELICIOUS PORTILLOS! OMG I die just thinking about it. I may have to eat it everyday when I go back to the city next week! So, that evening Warren, Kevin Cole and I ventured out to the suburbs of beautiful Naperv[thr]ille, IL. We met other Knoxians which included Rosemary Ibis, Victor Mui, Paul Albertine, Kevin Wickman and... ZACK LAZAR!!! at The Foundry, a beyond absurd sports bar, to watch the Chicago Bears take on the Green Bay Packers. It was quite fun.
Today was spent making my way back to Princeton, IL for the holidays. Its nice to be sleeping in my big bed again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Married In Chicago said...

omg i cant believe you were out shopping in that weather. you are very brave!

December 26, 2008 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Rico said...

i am so jeal you saw blazar

December 28, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home