The Grand Duchy

23 February 2009

The 81st Annual Academy Awards

Was so fabulous. It was a departure from the usual which I thought was very interesting. One teacher this morning remarked that she didn't like it because it was reminiscent of a "town hall meeting." I dunno I kind of enjoyed it. The whole previous award winners giving praise to the nominees for the Best Actor/Actress and Best Supporting Actor/Actress was very emotional. I enjoyed that and thought it was kind of special that the veteran actors praised their peers. However, it would be kind of hard to know what their performance was like if you had not seen the movie, which was the case for me in a few instances (Richard Jenkins in Frozen River, Penelope Cruz in Vicky Cristina Barcelona). For the most part I have seen all of the movies that were nominated, which is not always the case. Maybe thats because I go to the movies on a weekly basis these days and see more movies these days. Oh well.

And that has been the most exciting thing to happen to me since I last posted. This next month I am going to be volunteering at some other events in the Salinas area such as their Young Authors program with high school kids and History Day as a judge. I am pretty pumped about that because I will be judging area students on their History projects. Totally up my alley. February was kind of a funk for me. I am really looking forward to Spring and then Summer. After last summer I have kind of become a fan which definitely was the not the case before. Ever. Last Summer I was also surrounded by friends and was living in Summer's Favorite City. So that could account for my new found love of Summer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home