The Grand Duchy

06 November 2008

Bittersweet Symphony

OK. So lets talk about election 2008 for a second. Ohmagod I was so emotional the entire day. I was a wreck, on the way home I was listening to NPR and when I heard that he won New Hampshire I just started crying. I am a cra cra obviously. His speech in grant park was amazing. It was just so wonderful that I cannot even begin to speak in words about it. It was so beautiful. I was just crying and crying during it!

But, can we also talk about what happened in California. It sickens me that a state, wherein 6,308,161 people which is 61% of the vote will cast a vote for Barack Obama, but will also pass Proposition 8. In an election of historic change for this country, California, as well as Arizona and Florida can pass measures to get rid of people's rights. I mean come on. Maybe I will pray for these people or something, because someone needs to pray for their sins.

I just hate that there is such a dark cloud on such a momentus occasion like the election of Barack Obama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home